Wednesday, September 14, 2011

First Time in 20 years!

Hey Everyone,

So yesterday I did something I have never done before.  I went to the State Capitol Building in Jefferson City, Missouri.  Wow! It was the most amazing experience I have ever had.  The art and the atmosphere is so incredible that I would recommend anyone wanting to do... DO IT!

I should probably explain why I was in Jefferson city to begin with.  I was asked by the Student Government Association (SGA) executive board to go to the capitol to talk to Gov. Nixon's advisor about some issues here at school so I gladly accepted.

While we were there, we met with Representatives and Senators of the State.  We also got to go down on both the Senate and House main floor, which is normally restricted to Senaotrs and Reps and Media.  I felt so powerful there!

It was a wonderful experience and I can't wait to go back someday!

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment